Skip to main content

My house encroaches the building line. The MUD District, which enforces the deed restrictions will not approve it. What next?

Spring, TX |

I spoke to the escrow officer at the title company about issuing the T-19.1 endorsement to a potential buyer so I can sell my house. I was told that this would not fix the problem, that I would need a signed letter of approval from the MUD board. Well, the MUD board will not approve it, so now what do I do?

Attorney Answers 1

  1. There should be a legal process for seeking a special exception from the setback requirement; especially if the violation was innocent. Normally the permitting agency requires a site plan prior to construction and if it showed the encroachment but was approved by the permitting agency, you may have recourse there as well.

    The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form. The attorney answering this question is licensed only in Florida.

Real estate topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics