My house & property in which I live are in my husband's name (loan), if we divorce is half of it still mine?

Rimersburg, PA |
Filed under: Divorce

recently married one year. The loan for our house and property in which we live is in my husband's name. Should we divorce is half of it mine or does my name need to appear on the loan as well? Thank you very much!

Was the loan in your husbands name prior to the marriage? This would be a factor in what you would be entitled to if any marital growth from the date of your marriage.

The response given is not intended to create, nor does it create an ongoing duty to respond to questions. The response does not form an attorney-client relationship, nor is it intended to be anything other than the educated opinion of the author. It should not be relied upon as legal advice. The response given is based upon the limited facts provided by the person asking the question. To the extent additional or different facts exist, the response might possibly change. Attorney is licensed to practice law only in the State of Pennsylvania. Responses are based solely on Pennsylvania law unless stated otherwise.

Reed Law Office
212 West Gay Street
West Chester, PA 19380
610-696-2600
ReedPALaw@gmail.com

Get Avvo’s 10-part divorce email series

A weekly guide with tips and legal advice for each stage of the process.

Recommended articles about Divorce