My H4 visa got approved.But, the VO cancelled my B2 visa. Will this cause any problem if I apply for a student or work visa?

Asked 10 months ago - Burlington, WA

Hi,
I had been to US on B2 visa, stayed for 5 months and returned before the valid date on I94.My stay was legal.
I took my H4 visa interview today and it got approved. But, the VO cancelled my B2 visa.

In my previous B2 interview, I told the VO that my stay would be for a month, and might stay further if my employer extends the leaves. As my leaves got approved, and as per I94, I extended my stay.

Today during my H4 interview, the VO has made an impression that I lied saying I would stay for a month but ended up staying for 5 months. Though I tried my best putting all the facts, unfortunately she was not convinced and cancelled my B2. She kept my passport.

I am a little worried if this would leave any negative impact if I apply for a F1 or H1 visa.

Please advise!

Thank You!

1. Alexander Joseph Segal

4

Answered . Only G-d knows that.

2. Alexander M. Ivakhnenko

Answered . No one could allay your speculations one way or another.

3. Maria J. Marty

Answered . It might affect you in the future. Nothing you can do about it now, you will have to deal with it if it comes up later.