My H4 visa got approved.But, the VO cancelled my B2 visa. Will this cause any problem if I apply for a student or work visa?

Burlington, WA |

I had been to US on B2 visa, stayed for 5 months and returned before the valid date on I94.My stay was legal.
I took my H4 visa interview today and it got approved. But, the VO cancelled my B2 visa.

In my previous B2 interview, I told the VO that my stay would be for a month, and might stay further if my employer extends the leaves. As my leaves got approved, and as per I94, I extended my stay.

Today during my H4 interview, the VO has made an impression that I lied saying I would stay for a month but ended up staying for 5 months. Though I tried my best putting all the facts, unfortunately she was not convinced and cancelled my B2. She kept my passport.

I am a little worried if this would leave any negative impact if I apply for a F1 or H1 visa.

Please advise!

Thank You!

Only G-d knows that.

The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter,not should it be viewed as establishing an attorney client relationship of any kind.

No one could allay your speculations one way or another.

DISCLAIMER The answer given above by the lawyer serves for educational purposes only and provides general information and a basic understanding of the applicable law. Take notice that the answer above does not create an attorney-client relationship as this website is not intended to provide anyone a specific legal advice. Anyone using the site expressly consents that there is no attorney client privilege between any person and any attorney responding. Further take notice that the site should not be used as a crude substitute for any professional and competent legal advice by a licensed professional attorney in the applicable jurisdiction. The attorney above attempted to provide competent professional opinion, however, the law and its applications may change frequently and vary greatly from other U.S. jurisdictions and locales. Therefore, any information and opinions stated above are general in nature, and may not apply to specific factual or legal circumstances related to one's current legal issues. Contact an experienced lawyer admitted to practice in your State under an attorney-client privilege to further receive a comprehensive legal before making an educated decision about your particular legal issue. Respectfully, Attorney Alexander Ivakhnenko, Chicago, Illinois 773-562-8602

It might affect you in the future. Nothing you can do about it now, you will have to deal with it if it comes up later.

Due to the nature of this forum, I often do not have all the information required to provide legal advice. Accordingly, my responses on Avvo are intended as general and not legal advice.

Recommended articles about Employment