My H1B will be terminating in 10 days and I have an option to go back on F1, I found a sponsor who can process my H1. What to do

Asked almost 2 years ago - Austin, TX

I came in USA on F1 and then got H1 before completion of degree, now my H1B is going to terminate in 10 days. I have an option 1) togo back on F1 for a semester to complete my degree( applying COS) 2) I found a sponsor who can do my H1B. But since I have very less time for H1b processing to be done and I do not want to be out of status for even a single day to avoid unnecessary hassale to going to home country. IS it ok is I apply for COS(F1) and also start the process of H1B transfer. If H1 gets approved early(PP) then what will happen to my COS(F1) or if COS(F1) got approved early in case what will happen to my H1B application. First of all is it legel to apply for two COS together( another H1 and F1) ?

1. Gen Kimura

3

1

Answered . I agree with my colleague. If you wish to file the two application on the same time, you need to consult with an attorney to understand the pro and cons of the strategy.

2. F. J. Capriotti III

4

Answered . Pick ONE application and stick with it.

You do NOT want a COS and EOS (change of employer) to be pending at the same time.

3. Tripti Sharad Sharma

Pro

2

Answered . I agree with my colleagues. Considering the timeline of events, it is best you discuss your situation with a competent immigration attorney regarding your needs. A professional will be able to guide you and provide options.