My H1B was filed this year - 2013-2014, but I have not received the receipt as yet

Santa Clara, CA |

My H1B was filed this year - 2013-2014, but I have not received the receipt as yet. Neither has the cheque been encashed. How can I know whether I am selected in the lottery. Is there still hope or can we say that I was not among the selected ones.

By your employer either receiving a receipt for it, or a rejection of it. That can take up to late June.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

2. You have no choice but to wait for either a receipt or notice your case was not selected. Our office has gotten receipts already.

The above is intended only as general information, and does not constitute legal advice. You must speak with an attorney to discuss your individual case.

3. You were not.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS www.myattorneyusa.com; email: info@myattorneyusa.com; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.