My H1b visa stamp on passport has expired, however I do have a valid H1b extension approval letter from USCIS.
1. Can I travel to Mexico and South America for 10days.
2. Do I need a visa stamping for 10 days trip or my approval letter will do.
3. Shall I carry all these immigration documents with me or its safer to leave it at home.
Thanks in advance for your time.
1. Mexico yes; "south America": you will need a new visa stamp to be readmitted.
2. See my answer 1. above. You can be readmitted on your I-797 approval notice when coming back from an adjacent country (Mexico, Canada) on a trip of less than 30 days, for anything beyond those two countries you'll need to apply for and obtain a consular visa "stamp" to be readmitted.
3. Carry copies of everything to produce if asked either at the port of entry or airport upon return.
Get free answers from experienced attorneys.
30,341 answers this week
3,097 attorneys answering
Don't speak legalese? We define thousands of terms in plain English.Browse our legal dictionary