Skip to main content

My H1 Transfer visa has been denied on March 19, 2013. Can I get admission in any university or college to get F1 visa?

Bellevue, WA |

I had come to U.S. on F1 visa in aug. 2006 and since then never left U.S.

Attorney Answers 2


Perhaps, but now that your "transfer" has been denied USCIS instructed that you must depart the country. Thus, whatever else you want to try, student visa, etc., you'll have to apply for from the US consulate in your home country.

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

Mark as helpful

2 lawyers agree


If you meet the requirements for admission, then yes. You will need to obtain an F-1 visa stamp abroad.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

Mark as helpful

1 lawyer agrees

Education law topics

Recommended articles about Education law

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics