My H1-B expires June-2013 , my possible options to stay legally in USA

Asked over 1 year ago - Trenton, NJ

Hello sir,
My H1-B expires June 2013 and my labor was filed on July 8th and had a general query and resubmitted on Oct 10th 2012 with required documents. Waiting on my approvals to file I-140 to get my H1-extended. I know we can get an extension for H1-B if the labor is in pending status for more than 365 days and I do not fall under that timeline. What are all my possible options to extend my stay legally in USA.

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Yolanda Navarrete


    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . This is not a question that can be answered without a review of your documents.

    Please be advised my answers to questions does not constitute legal advise and you should not rely on it, due to... more
  2. J Charles Ferrari

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Options depend on facts. You really need to meet one on one with an experienced immigration attorney, whether myself or one of my colleagues, so that he/she can review all your documents and facts in order to determine what your options are.

    J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not... more
  3. Joseph Gerard Cella


    Contributor Level 13

    Answered . I agree with my colleagues. Your question is important, fact dependent and complex. I strongly suggest you spring for a consultation with an experienced immigration attorney.

    Joseph G. Cella, Esq.
    Toll Free: 877-583-7080

    National Toll Free: 877-583-7080. Joseph Cella, Esq. has been practicing Immigration Law for 19 years. The answers... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

26,979 answers this week

2,818 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

26,979 answers this week

2,818 attorneys answering