My H1-B expires June-2013 , my possible options to stay legally in USA

Trenton, NJ |

Hello sir,
My H1-B expires June 2013 and my labor was filed on July 8th and had a general query and resubmitted on Oct 10th 2012 with required documents. Waiting on my approvals to file I-140 to get my H1-extended. I know we can get an extension for H1-B if the labor is in pending status for more than 365 days and I do not fall under that timeline. What are all my possible options to extend my stay legally in USA.

Options depend on facts. You really need to meet one on one with an experienced immigration attorney, whether myself or one of my colleagues, so that he/she can review all your documents and facts in order to determine what your options are.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

This is not a question that can be answered without a review of your documents.

Please be advised my answers to questions does not constitute legal advise and you should not rely on it, due to the fact that we have never met, I have not been aprised of the facts in you case nor have I reviewed any documents.

I agree with my colleagues. Your question is important, fact dependent and complex. I strongly suggest you spring for a consultation with an experienced immigration attorney.

Joseph G. Cella, Esq.
Toll Free: 877-583-7080

National Toll Free: 877-583-7080. Joseph Cella, Esq. has been practicing Immigration Law for 19 years. The answers provided herein neither constitute legal advice, nor create an attorney/client relationship.

Recommended articles about Immigration