My H-1 is approved.Presently I am on (B-1/B-2) till 2015

Charlotte, NC |

My H-1 is approved.Presently I am on (B-1/B-2) and (B-1/B-2) till 2015,
My H1b will be valid form October 1st 2013 onwards ,i havnt recived I-94 with approval
MY Ques
1)Can i leave the US and come back to US On B1b2. in August for a ceminar.
and than i will apply for stamping for H1b from country.

1. I must correct you ... it is impossible to have an I-94 with a valid B-2 until 2015

1. That is not a good idea ... go home and get a stamp and return after September 20, 2013

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- franco@capriotti.com -- www.capriotti.com -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.

2. If your B-2 is valid until 2015 you would be considered in status, however this is probably an error in your question. if you mean you have B visa valid until 2015 you are permitted to travel to the US as a non immigrant B for a valid non immigrant B purpose. A seminar is generally okay for B purposes.

919.225.3963
    immigration@rbrownllc.com
    www.brownimmigrationNC.com

Robert Brown LLC
    2330 Meridian Parkway, Suite 3050
    Durham, NC 27713

3. If you have a H-1B approved while being on B1/B2. What it means is that your status is changed to as of H-1B beginning 10/1/2013 and if you leave the country prior to 10/1/2013 and want to reenter on H-1B, you would need stamping, you are no longer on B1/B2. Answer is no , you cannot enter in 8/13 on B1/B2. If you reapply for B1/B2, it will create complications for approved H1.
    If you continue to stay here on valid B1/B2, you can attend the seminar/confence while on B1/B2.

Madhu Kalra Kalra Law Firm 23720 Arlington Avenue, Ste 5 Torrance, Ca 90501 (310) 325-9012 http://www.thekalrafirm.com