My green card will expire March 29th 2014. will it be cheaper to renew the green card or go for U.S. citizenship?

Cheyenne, WY |
Filed under: Green cards

How much might it cost to ask U.S. citizenship and can I ask for it now although my green card expires March 29th, 2014.

1. To renew the green card is $450; to apply for naturalization is $680; the cost of the peace if mind of being a us citizen (plus other benefits): priceless.

The information offered is general in nature and not meant to be relied upon as legal advice. Please consult an attorney prior to making legal decisions. Visit us at www.tunitskylaw.com. Contact us at 713.335.5505 or email at veronica@tunitskylaw.com. Veronica Tunitsky offers in-person, as well as telephone and email consultations.

2. Speak to a competent attorney regarding you eligibility for citizenship. Filing fee is $680. Legal fee will depend on each attorney's price, obviously it varies from one attorney to the other.

This is not legal advice and a client attorney relationship is not created. For a free consultation call (718)234-5588.

3. I agree with my colleagues.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

4. I agree with my colleagues.

Asheesh K. Sharma Attorney at Law Sharma Law Offices, LLC 47 Perimeter Center East, Suite 260 Atlanta, GA 30346 www.elawimmigration.com 404-348-2829 This answer is offered for informational purposes only. It is not offered as, and does not constitute, legal advice. Do not rely on this advice without speaking to an attorney in detail about your case. This message does not create an attorney-client relationship

5. First, you may be eligible to apply for naturalization before your "green card" expires in March, 2014 depending on factors such as your good moral character and when you received your "green card" and based on why you received it. In my personal opinion, it you meet the statutory requirements, it is pay better to apply for naturalization sooner rather than later. You would be wise, at a minimum, to seek my legal advice of that of one of my esteemed colleagues. You are NOT going to get your answer here. Each case is very CASE SPECIFIC. I can be reached at either (770)955-1785 or via e-mail at bob@bobeer.com. Hope this helps. Wishing you well. THINK IMMIGRATION - THINK BOB BEER

This communication does not create an attorney client relationship. If I can be of further assistance, please feel free to contact me at any time at either (770)955-1785 or (678)576-9394 or via e-mail at bob@bobbeer.com. THINK IMMIGRATION - THINK BOB BEER