My green card will expire March 29th 2014. will it be cheaper to renew the green card or go for U.S. citizenship?

Asked about 2 years ago - Cheyenne, WY

How much might it cost to ask U.S. citizenship and can I ask for it now although my green card expires March 29th, 2014.

1. Veronica Tunitsky

3

Answered . To renew the green card is $450; to apply for naturalization is $680; the cost of the peace if mind of being a us citizen (plus other benefits): priceless.

2. Irene Vaisman

Pro

2

Answered . Speak to a competent attorney regarding you eligibility for citizenship. Filing fee is $680. Legal fee will depend on each attorney's price, obviously it varies from one attorney to the other.

This is not legal advice and a client attorney relationship is not created. For a free consultation call (718)234-5588.
  3. J Charles Ferrari

2

Answered . I agree with my colleagues.

4. Asheesh Kumar Sharma

2

Answered . I agree with my colleagues.

5. Robert Henry Beer

1

Answered . First, you may be eligible to apply for naturalization before your "green card" expires in March, 2014 depending on factors such as your good moral character and when you received your "green card" and based on why you received it. In my personal opinion, it you meet the statutory requirements, it is pay better to apply for naturalization sooner rather than later. You would be wise, at a minimum, to seek my legal advice of that of one of my esteemed colleagues. You are NOT going to get your answer here. Each case is very CASE SPECIFIC. I can be reached at either (770)955-1785 or via e-mail at bob@bobeer.com. Hope this helps. Wishing you well. THINK IMMIGRATION - THINK BOB BEER