My green card renwal process is taking more the 6 months? Is it a normaL? or soemthing is wrong. Thanks

Asked over 2 years ago - Washington, DC

Can the expert help me out?

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Marc Damien Sean Taylor

    Contributor Level 16


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . There is no way for us to tell you if something is wrong or not.

    You should check the processing times at the USCIS website ( and if it is past the date you filed, then you can call USCIS and file a status inquiry (due to the fact that your case is outside the processing times).

  2. Ruby Esther Lieberman


    Contributor Level 8


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . For an answer to this question, you must go to the CIS website at, and in the left-hand column click on processing times, then at the bottom of the page, click on the Service Center that is processing your application (I-90) (check the bottom of your receipt to know whis is your service center). Then look for processing times of I-90s, and you will know if something is wrong. If your application is outside "normal processing times" call the 1-800 number on your receipt. They will probably not answer your question during the phone call, but they will lodge an inquiry, and you will usually get a response within 45 days.

  3. Luis Alberto Guerra


    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . It is impossible for us to give you an answer. Do you have any issues? Have you gotten in trouble with the law? Check the CIS website for case status.

    Law Office of Luis A. Guerra (954) 434-5800. This answer is of a general nature and should not be relied upon as... more

Related Topics

Green cards

A green card is a legal document which provides proof that the owner is a lawful permanent resident of the United States.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

18,199 answers this week

2,377 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

18,199 answers this week

2,377 attorneys answering