My great uncle told me he was going to leave me some money after his death do i find out where it is ..

Asked over 1 year ago - Selma, AL

he told me it was in another city other than where we live .

Attorney answers (2)

  1. Robert Stephen Elliott

    Contributor Level 6


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . I agree with what's been said before. The only other things would be to check with the State where your uncles died (assuming he has passed) and they can direct you to where you can get a copy of his death certificate which will give you the County of his residence at death. Once you have that information, you can check the County probate office to see if a Will or a Petition for Administration has been filed.

    The information provided is for reference purposes only and is made with the disclaimer that the lawyer answering... more
  2. John P Corrigan

    Contributor Level 19


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Is he alive or dead? You give so little information as to make it impossible to answer your question....go hire a detective to find out where he lived, where he died, who is closest kin are, etc.

    My answer is not intended to be giving legal advice and this topic can be a complex area where the advice of a... more

Related Topics

Inheritance rights and estate planning

Inheritance rights refers to the rights most states give to a spouse (and in some cases, children or grandchildren) that prevent you from disinheriting them.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

29,388 answers this week

3,348 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

29,388 answers this week

3,348 attorneys answering