Skip to main content

My grandpa is married to an immigrant and she is filing for residency by saying she has been domestically abused but my grandpa

Los Angeles, CA |

has never done so can he go to jail? she verbally abuses him and at his home he sleeps in the living room while she sleeps in the bedroom my grandpa comes to my house hungry and depressed. he does not know she is filing residency under those conditions. what can I do?

Attorney Answers 3

  1. Grandpa needs to meet with an attorney.

    PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.

  2. He should meet with an attorney to discuss how to protect himself from false allegations. He could be arrested if she reports and authorities believe he has been abusive.

    Samuel Ouya Maina, Esq. 415.391.6612 Law Offices of S. Ouya Maina, PC 332 Pine Street, Suite 707 San Francisco, CA 94104

  3. I agree with my colleagues. He should meet with an attorney to discuss his options.

Immigration topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

An attorney can help.

Post a question and get free legal advice from attorneys.

Ask a Lawyer

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics