My grandmother thinks she may have a trust that her dad left for her.

Bluffton, IN |
Filed under: Trusts

she believes its thew a small college her father helped start. when she went to find out they told her to get a lawyer and stopped answering all questions and asked her to leave is there any way to find out if there is a trust

1. I suggest that your grandmother retain an attorney to assist her.

2. Attorney McMahon is correct, your grandmother should retain local counsel. If you need a referral, try the local bar association or the Avvo Find a Lawyer tool.

** LEGAL DISCLAIMER ** My response above is not legal advice and it does not establish an attoreny-client relationship. When responding to questions posted on Avvo, I provide a general purpose response based on California law as I am licensed in California. In reviewing my response, you are specifically advised that your use of, or reliance upon any response I provide is not advisable. I do not have all relevant background details or facts related to your issue / matter, thus I am not in a position to give you legal advice. Further, your review, use of, or reliance upon my response does not establish an attorney-client relationship between us nor does it qualify as a legal consultation for any purpose. For specific advice regarding your particular circumstances, you should consult and retain local counsel. Law Offices of Eric J. Gold www.EGoldLaw.com Telephone: 818-279-2737 Email: service@egoldlaw.con

3. Yes, Grandmother should retain legal counsel who is practiced in trust administration/litigation. IF she is a beneficiary of that Trust, even if only a contingent beneficiary, then she has rights that an attorney can help her enforce. If I can assist, please call. Best of luck!

veRONIca jarnagin, atty, pc

veRONIca jarnagin, atty, pc provides this response as general guidance and not specific legal advice. If you wish to receive specific legal advice for your situation, please call 317-253-7664 to schedule an appointment.

Wills and estates topics