My grandmother quick claim deeded her house to me one year ago

Asked almost 3 years ago - Covington, KY

My grandmother quick claim her house to me and my partner. It has been about 13 mths ago now my uncle has persuded her to sue us to get the house back. we went threw a lawyer and all was completly legal this is in the state of ky. What can happen?

1. Donald W. Aaron

Best Answer

Answered . Quit claim deeds are not hard for an attorney to prepare, so as long as you went through an attorney it may be quite difficult to find something wrong with the deed. My colleague mentioned some of the grounds by which the transfer could otherwise be challenged. Once a gift of property has been properly transferred and no surrounding circumstances allow the gift to be challenged, your grandmother is not going to be able to get it back.

2. Fredric Press

1

Answered . If there is no claim of fraud, duress, etc., the quit claim deed vested title in you and your partner. Did you get title insurance? If so, contact your title insurer immediately.