My grandmother passed away 12/29/88 while living with my mother in Mesa, AZ. I need to know if probate ever filed. How do I?

Asked 11 months ago - Spokane, WA

Grandmother's name Amelia Madeline Clark. Born 8/26/1895 or 8/26/1875 in Mt. Iron, Minnesota to. father, Karl Riegert and mother, Mary Susan Lergarde. She married 9/19/1912 to Hiram Northrup Clark. They had three children, Richard Charles Clark born 8/18/1911 died 11/7/1972, Wyona Jean Clark, deceased, Wilburta M. Campbell, Born 2/25/25 died 6/21/2010. I am daughter of Wilburta. I am trying to find out if there was any oribate filed for my grandmother, Amelia. It is my understanding there was no will or representative. Can you tell me how to find this information?

1. Justin Eric Elder

Pro

7

Answered . You can search for a case in Washington on the Washington Courts website http://dw.courts.wa.gov/

Click search by name. Then there will be drop-down boxes for the county in which she lived, the year, the court (you should select "Probate/Guardianship") and her first and last names. This should allow you to do exactly what you are looking for.

Hope that helps.

2. Kevin Terry Steinacker

7

Answered . Note that if she was a resident of Arizona at the time she passed, the probate would most likely have been done in Arizona. You would also want to check the appropriate court records in Arizona.

I am not your attorney. My response is provided for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice.
  3. Joseph Franklin Pippen Jr.

Pro

6

Answered . The probate would be a public record and you can check the county records as indicated.