My grandmother died in march of 2013 overland , st. louis , mo. how can i find out if she left me something?

Houston, TX |

how can i get information if i was listed as a beneficiary? i know my father who doesn't speak to me had power of attorney for her (he was taking care of her before she died, and very abusive to her) * he has some mental issues. (i even reported him for elderly abuse things were so bad, i know from my grandmother who told me)
now i have no way of knowing. he refused to let anyone be around her in her last months alive . now he has the house, and everything as far as i know that she had. (i know she did tell me he was gonna be left the house) but i am wishing to know if any personal belongings or anything else she might have left me. i loved her a lot, and it would mean a lot anything she might have left me.

Sorry for your loss.
Her will must be filed at the county courthouse.
You can check the public records.
If it has not been filed-hire an attorney to send a demand letter that the will be filed.
Once filed-you can tell if you were left anything.

The answer given does not imply that an attorney-client relationship has been established and your best course of action is to have legal representation in this matter.

thank you for your reply, is it possible for me to check county courthouse records online? bkus i am currently in texas :( and i dont have a lot of money to hire a lawyer at this time since unemployed.

Joseph Franklin Pippen Jr.

Joseph Franklin Pippen Jr.

It might be possible. Many states have files online-call the clerk of probate in that county for information.

You should re-post your question using St. Louis as the city instead of Houston. Probate and inheritance laws vary greatly from state to state.

DISCLAIMER: This is not specific legal advice and does not establish an attorney/client relationship.

You may want to contact the probate division of the Circuit Court in St. Louis and ask if a probate has been opened.

Wills and estates topics