My Grandfather just passed away, and the Executor of the Will is not following his burial wishes. What can we do to contest it?

Asked about 1 year ago - Fort Myers, FL

My Aunt is the Executor of my Grandfather's estate and she is not following his Will, what can we do to stop her? I am sure that she will also try to not file his Will with the courts within ten days of his death, as there has been some lawsuits with my Grandfather's medical bills etc...

1. Jeff Tomberg

2

Answered . mr deason is correct in that you need a lawyer to review the documents including the lawsuits and the will and other documents you refer to. its not critical to the handling of a probate matter that the will be filed within 10 days. but if you hire a lawyer and seek to remove your aunt its one piece of several evidentiary items that you will need to remove her as the personal representative.

2. Carol Anne Johnson

1

Answered . Anyone with an interest in the estate can file for probate - even creditors. The first step for you if you want to challenge her potential appointment as Personal Representative for the estate is to hire a good, local probate attorney. While she/he may not be able to do anything fast enough to allow your Grandfather's burial wishes to be honored, the remainder of the estate administration can at least be removed from her care should she be failing to administer the estate according to the will instructions and Florida law.

3. Daniel Nelson Deasy

2

Answered . So sorry to hear of your loss. Go and sit down with a probate attorney to discuss any possible remedies.