My girlfriend was sentenced to 5 months for her 3rd DUI. How much of that time will she serve?

Asked about 1 year ago - Kenosha, WI

My girlfriend was sentenced to 5 months for her 3rd DUI. How much of that time will she serve? She was told by a corrections officer that because it's a misdemeanor, she gets 25% of her time taken off and with good time she will only serve 3 months. She is in Milwaukee Wi county jail.

1. John Scott Swimmer

8

1

Answered . She will get 25 percent off of her time sentenced plus credit for any time served. Electronic monitoring will be coming back to Milwaukee, and she should ask or see if she can get her sentenced amended so that she is eligible.

2. Ethan Patrick Meaney

Pro

2

Answered . Goodtime credit is common so the information you are getting sounds credible. You can also contact the county jail and ask them about their good time policies. Good luck.