My girlfriend needs a criminal attorney who is willing to take payments..she has been charged with some serious drug charges.

Asked over 1 year ago - Marshall, NC

My girlfriend has been charged with some multiple trafficking opium or herion as well as optaing prescription by fraud/forgery..we know she is looking at ALOT of time & although she has a public defender we feel more comfortable having an attorney that does not just treat her case as another file on the desk or treat her as 'just another criminal' ... she needs someone that is going to fight for her, we can make payments, but we dont have the entire retainer fee right now... can someone, anyone help us??? please ??

1. Fred B. Amos II

Pro

4

Answered . There are many criminal defense attorneys that will work with your girlfriend on a payment plan. Your best bet is to Google criminal defense attorneys in Asheville, then start looking at their websites. If they offer payment plans, they will say so. Good luck to you.

2. Zachary Andrew Cohen

Pro

4

Answered . Are you expecting a tax return? Maybe you could put those funds towards hiring an attorney. Trafficking carries a mandatory minimum prison sentence. I would make sure you do what you can to get an attorney involved in the case that you are comfortable with. Good luck!

3. Eugene Andre Ahtirski

Pro

3

Best Answer

Answered . As pointed out, in this economy; many attorneys are flexible. Seek to come up with a basic "lump sum" for an initial retainer; and your ability to locate an attorney for a payment plan will be much easier. Of course, you also need to determine whether having an attorney at the EARLY stages of prosecution (i.e.: through the preliminary hearing is best); or, if it is better to wait until after the preliminary hearing to seek to retain counsel, especially if funds are limited!

And, unless there is a real good basis to work out an early "disposition" of the case; it is generally wise to use your funds to retain a private attorney when such services are most beneficial; which in many serious cases is AFTER the preliminary hearing. As an aside, if you found my direction helpful, and if you feel appropriate; could you be so kind as to designate my answer as the “best” answer to your question? I truly wish you the best of Luck!

4. Michael Douglas Shafer

3

Answered . Many take payment plans Contact a few and discuss it.