My girlfriend just got a sale of controlled substance 3rd degree

she has never been in trouble before what is the best she is looking at

Little Falls, NY -

Eric Edward Rothstein

Eric Edward Rothstein

Criminal Defense Attorney - New York, NY

Much more information is needed. The max is 9 years in jail but a judge can give 5 years probation. Maybe the DA will offer a lesser charge. Mayve the case is defensible. She should hire a good criminal defense lawyer.

Howard A. Schwartz

Howard A. Schwartz

Criminal Defense Attorney - Brooklyn, NY

A best case scenario would be getting the matter dismissed. There is also the possibility the she can receive a reduced charge or a non-jail sentence. She is facing jail time. Her attorney would be in a better position to answer this question. Good luck.

John M. Cromwell

John M. Cromwell

Criminal Defense Attorney - Scarsdale, NY

The best she is looking at is a dismissal of the charges, but it is really impossible to give an accurate assessment without knowing all the facts and circumstances, as well as the local practices of the DA's office and the court where her case is pending. Hire a local reputable criminal defense lawyer. This is a very serious charge.

Joseph A Lo Piccolo

Joseph A Lo Piccolo

Criminal Defense Attorney - Garden City, NY

Best is no jail, possibly in a program, leading to a dismissal.

Joseph A. Lo Piccolo, Esq.
Immediate Past President, Criminal Courts Bar Association 11'-12'
Hession Bekoff & Lo Piccolo
1103 Stewart Ave, Suite 200
Garden City, NY 11530
516-408-3666 (o) / 516-408-3833 (f)
Jlopiccolo@hbclaw.net