My girlfriend just got a sale of controlled substance 3rd degree

Asked about 1 year ago - Little Falls, NY

she has never been in trouble before what is the best she is looking at

1. Eric Edward Rothstein

1

Answered . Much more information is needed. The max is 9 years in jail but a judge can give 5 years probation. Maybe the DA will offer a lesser charge. Mayve the case is defensible. She should hire a good criminal defense lawyer.

2. Howard A. Schwartz

1

Answered . A best case scenario would be getting the matter dismissed. There is also the possibility the she can receive a reduced charge or a non-jail sentence. She is facing jail time. Her attorney would be in a better position to answer this question. Good luck.

3. John M. Cromwell

Pro

1

Answered . The best she is looking at is a dismissal of the charges, but it is really impossible to give an accurate assessment without knowing all the facts and circumstances, as well as the local practices of the DA's office and the court where her case is pending. Hire a local reputable criminal defense lawyer. This is a very serious charge.

4. Joseph A Lo Piccolo

Answered . Best is no jail, possibly in a program, leading to a dismissal.

Joseph A. Lo Piccolo, Esq.
    Immediate Past President, Criminal Courts Bar Association 11'-12'
    Hession Bekoff & Lo Piccolo
    1103 Stewart Ave, Suite 200
    Garden City, NY 11530
    516-408-3666 (o) / 516-408-3833 (f)
    Jlopiccolo@hbclaw.net