Skip to main content

My girlfriend is 17 and I'm 22. She is an UAC and her temporary sponsor is her aunt.

Houston, TX |
Filed under: Immigration

Aunt hasn't been complying with sponsor requirements and has verbally abused minor. UAC wants to move out from sponsor's home and live with me, however, I want to do everything right and legal. I am aware that minor is under parole in the country and is uncertain the length of stay she will be here. What should I do?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


What is an UAC?

Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.



Unaccompanied minor. A minor that is from another country and entered the U.S. illegally.

Immigration topics

Recommended articles about Immigration

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer