My girl friend was lent her x-boyfriends car and he maliciously called it in stolen. She was arrested for Grand theft Auto.

Colorado Springs, CO |

She never had a felony before and got scared. She did not show for mediation or court and has a warrant. Anyway to resolve this w/o turning herself in?

No. Once there is a warrant a person needs to turn in and make bail. I think she should contact a defense lawyer immediately. Good luck.

Any response given is not to be taken as legal advice or to create an attorney client relationship.

No. She MUST turn herself in. She also needs an attorney desperately to tell the DA the truth about what happened and to investigate the ex-boyfriend to prove that he is lying to show his motivation in lying.

The information provided in this answer does not create an attorney-client relationship. If you are interested in his legal services, feel free to call Chris at (303) 409-7635 at his law office in the Denver Tech Center. All initial consultations are free of charge.

Your girlfriend might be able to get this taken care of without going to jail, but she will have to go to court. In order to avoid going to jail, she needs to first line up a bail bondsman so she can post bail. Then she needs an attorney to contact the Court and add her onto the docket so she can appear in court and get the case back on track. If she does this, she might be able to post bail without going to jail. If she continues to ignore the situation, she will eventually be arrested, taken to jail, and then will have to arrange to post bond from jail before she can be released. Skipping court was a very very bad choice.

You can reach Harkess & Salter LLC at (303) 531-5380 or info@Harkess-Salter.com. Stephen Harkess is an attorney licensed in the state and federal courts of Colorado. This answer is for general information only and does not create an attorney client relationship between Stephen Harkess or Harkess & Salter LLC and any person. You should schedule a consultation with an attorney to discuss the specifics of your legal issues.

Thank you for all your help. As far as the felony 1 I saw the autopsy report. stabbed 14X . Not self defense. No I spoke to his PD and personally he is on his own now. When he found out I saw it, I saw the Ugly beast raise it's head at me. Mr Reed has offered to speak with me today here local, which is so awesome. I am trying to heal from all this as I never imagined anything so violent and feel lucky now to be alive. All the attorneys on here are simply AWESOME. I am fortunate to be a client on here and Thanks so very much for all the help!!! Donna