My girl friend was lent her x-boyfriends car and he maliciously called it in stolen. She was arrested for Grand theft Auto.

Asked over 1 year ago - Colorado Springs, CO

She never had a felony before and got scared. She did not show for mediation or court and has a warrant. Anyway to resolve this w/o turning herself in?

1. Christopher Daniel Leroi

8

Answered . No. She MUST turn herself in. She also needs an attorney desperately to tell the DA the truth about what happened and to investigate the ex-boyfriend to prove that he is lying to show his motivation in lying.

2. Stephen Clark Harkess

6

Answered . Your girlfriend might be able to get this taken care of without going to jail, but she will have to go to court. In order to avoid going to jail, she needs to first line up a bail bondsman so she can post bail. Then she needs an attorney to contact the Court and add her onto the docket so she can appear in court and get the case back on track. If she does this, she might be able to post bail without going to jail. If she continues to ignore the situation, she will eventually be arrested, taken to jail, and then will have to arrange to post bond from jail before she can be released. Skipping court was a very very bad choice.

3. Richard Stephen Jaffe

4

Answered . No. Once there is a warrant a person needs to turn in and make bail. I think she should contact a defense lawyer immediately. Good luck.

Any response given is not to be taken as legal advice or to create an attorney client relationship.
  4. Richard Stephen Jaffe

4