My GC was based on an EB2 approval with my present employer. i understand that i can change employer if the petitioning employer

Asked over 1 year ago - Bronx, NY

does not comply with the prevailing wage on my labor cert application (i-140) but the thing is, i have a pending i-824 petition which was filed just recently. for how long do i need to stay so as not to affect my citizenship application in the future and in a way affect the i-824 petition. thank you very much for your reply on the matter.

1. Haroen Calehr

Pro

3

Answered . So your I-485 was approved and now your employer is not paying you the prevailing wage as determined by DOL, and you want to sponsor a derivative family member overseas through consular processing and are asking whether you can quit and move to a new employer OR your I-485 is still pending and only the PERM and I-140 have been approved? I'm not sure which facts apply to you. The I-485 once filed and still pending can be ported to a new employer after pending for 180 days. Once approved, and "if" you can substantiate by pay stubs your claim of underpayment by your employer not in harmony with the PWD, than you should file a complaint with the DOL Wage and Hourly Division and once initiated you can move to a different employer or stay with your current employer but at least you have taken diligen steps to document that you are not at fault for departing your sponsoring employer after they went through all the trouble of getting you a GC but that it is them who are in violation of the PWD and therefore you left and sought employment elsewhere in good faith.

2. Jose Antonio Moreno

4

Answered . I agree, and, hire an immigration attorney

3. Dean P Murray

2

Answered . I agree with Attorney Calehr.

If you have additional questions, you can always contact an immigration lawyer directly, whether myself or one of my colleagues.
    ---------------------------
    Dean P. Murray
    The Murray Law Firm
    560 Sylvan Avenue
    Englewood Cliffs, NJ 07632
    T: (201)875-2600
    F: (201)549-8700

4. Samuel Patrick Ouya Maina

1

Answered . I think attorney Calehr has spelled it out nicely.