My friend who overstayed in US for 4years is now UK Citizen. Can she now enter in US as a visitor?

Asked about 1 year ago - Sherman Oaks, CA

She left US 5 yrs ago and I know there is a 10 year bar that triggered when he went to the Phils beforr going to UK.

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Michael E. Piston

    Contributor Level 12


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Generally speaking a person who is "unlawfully present" in the U.S. for a year or more is inadmissible for 10 years. If your friend remained in the U.S. for 4 years beyond the date her form I-94 expired then she is almost certainly is inadmissible for 10 year from the date of departure although she must consult with an immigration attorney to be certain. Nevertheless, she may apply for a visa at the consulate and if the application is refused because of the 10 year bar she may request a waiver.

  2. F. J. Capriotti III

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . She has to wait 5 more years.

    PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It... more
  3. John Grayson Davidson


    Contributor Level 17


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . You answered your own question.

    Free Consultation Anywhere in USA | 626-399-4194 | |

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

24,729 answers this week

2,991 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

24,729 answers this week

2,991 attorneys answering