My friend who overstayed in US for 4years is now UK Citizen. Can she now enter in US as a visitor?

Asked about 1 year ago - Sherman Oaks, CA

She left US 5 yrs ago and I know there is a 10 year bar that triggered when he went to the Phils beforr going to UK.

1. Michael E. Piston

3

Answered . Generally speaking a person who is "unlawfully present" in the U.S. for a year or more is inadmissible for 10 years. If your friend remained in the U.S. for 4 years beyond the date her form I-94 expired then she is almost certainly is inadmissible for 10 year from the date of departure although she must consult with an immigration attorney to be certain. Nevertheless, she may apply for a visa at the consulate and if the application is refused because of the 10 year bar she may request a waiver.

2. F. J. Capriotti III

2

Answered . She has to wait 5 more years.

3. John Grayson Davidson

Pro

2

Answered . You answered your own question.

Free Consultation Anywhere in USA | 626-399-4194 |ICannHelpYouNow.com | John1Davidson@gmail.com