My friend was stopped in a road block crack and pot was found wedged between trunk and license tag he was arrested

Asked 8 months ago - Atlanta, GA

can he get out of this

Attorney answers (6)

  1. 2

    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Anything is possible. What's not possible is to give an informed, accurate answer based on the information given. Anyone who knows what they're taking about and is not just trying to sell you something needs much more information about the details of the stop and search. Certainly, any lawyer is likely to file a motion to suppress the evidence seized and, if successful, your friend's chances of "get[ing] out it." Best advice is the obvious: find the best lawyer your friend and his family can afford and listen to his informed advice.

  2. 2

    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Possibly. You don't provide enough detail. He should hire a lawyer.

  3. 1

    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . in order to truly answered this question more facts must be known. If he has no criminal record, he may qualify for first offenders status based on the facts of the crime and he may be able to have a much lighter sentence than normal. I would recommend contacting somebody as soon as you can to try and get a resolution as quickly as possible. Time is of the essence in drug cases and they must be treated as delicate matters. An attorney must be able to determine the evidence and facts as quickly as possible in order to try and get any evidence oppressed and any charges thrown out.

  4. 1

    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . Does he WANT to get out of it enough to spend whatever it takes to hire the best lawyer he can afford and put up the best defense? If so, then his chance are better than if he looks for the cheaptest and fastest way out. Guilty pleas are cheap and fast. Trials are not.

  5. Answered . Possibly, but many more facts need to be known.

    James L. Yeargan, Jr. is licensed to practice law in the State of Georgia. All information given is based only on... more
  6. 1

    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . Perhaps. I wonder how long it had been there. I wonder if there were any fingerprints on the tag. Who put the tag in place? The thing to do is hire a private attorney.

    R. Jason de Groot, Esq. We do not have an attorney-client relationship. I am not your lawyer. The statements I... more

Related Topics

Criminal defense

Criminal law establishes the classifications of crimes, how guilt or innocence is determined, and the types of punishment or rehabilitation that may be imposed.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

33,262 answers this week

3,680 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

33,262 answers this week

3,680 attorneys answering