My friend was in a car accident where she was hit by another driver. The damage to her car was

Asked about 1 year ago - Babylon, NY

My friend was in a car accident where she was hit by another driver. The damage to her car was paid for by the other driver's insurance since he was at fault. Now it is some time later and she wants to return the leased car to the dealership and they are stating they have no access to any record that the car was fixed after the accident, because they don't have access to this other driver's insurance paperwork to see the outcome. They are giving my friend a hard time re this. Is there anything that can be done to resolve this? Thank you.

1. Eric Edward Rothstein

6

Answered . Ask the place where it was repaired for the paperwork or call the other carrier.

2. Jason Alexander Richman

6

Answered . It is your (friend's) car. Who ever fixed it has to give you (your friend) the records of the repair no matter what ins co paid. If they give you (your friend) grief, something odd has occurred and you should contact the appropriate consumer protection agency.

3. Mitchell Jan Birzon

Pro

4

Answered . Have your friend ask her insurance carrier provide a letter with documentation that the car was repaired. If an agent or broker sold the insurance policy, I would also ask for their cooperation.

4. Albert Lee Crosner

5

Answered . Why not get your friend to contact the insurance company to send your friend some paperwork describing the damage done and showing it was fixed? She could just give the dealership a copy. If fixed properly, why is the dealership complaining?

Pro

5

Answered . Get the receipt