My friend was arrested for extradition arrest prior to requisition

Asked almost 5 years ago - Milwaukee, WI

what does that mean? what kind of sentencing?

1. Howard Woodley Bailey

Pro

Answered . If your friend is being extradited, the first question is to what State or Country. Extradition for a criminal offense in another State is called Interstate extradition, while extradition to another Country is called International extradition. Each has specific issues and guidelines that need to be followed, and each requires the person to return to the requesting authority to address the underlying charges. Without any information as what he is being extradited for, or the stage of the proceedings in the requesting authority, there is no way to determine any potential sentecing consequence. If you get additional; information, consider reposting or consult directly woith a lawyert in the requesting State/ Country. Good luck.

DISCLAIMER: I do not practice law in your State. This answer is provided for informational purposes only. This answer does not constitute legal advice, create an attorney-client relationship, or constitute attorney advertising.