My friend took a plea charge of having 12 ounces or more. can he seal his records for job purposes cause it ended up a f6

Asked about 1 year ago - Colorado Springs, CO

my friend took a f6 of 12 oz or more. he has been charged with a felony. since then he havent been able to get a job can he have his records sealed just for employment purposes?

Attorney answers (2)

  1. Christopher Daniel Leroi

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Best Answer
    chosen by asker

    Answered . This is one of the few charges that "possibly" can be sealed (CO does not have expungement for adults), but only after the expiration of 10 years.

    The information provided in this answer does not create an attorney-client relationship and is not considered to... more
  2. Ili J. Subhan


    Contributor Level 14


    Lawyers agree


    Answered . Have your friend consult with a criminal defense attorney in regard to having his record expunged and sealed. Search Avvo for criminal defense attorneys in your area.

    The information provided is intended for informational purposes only and should not substitute for the advice and... more

Related Topics

Criminal defense

Criminal law establishes the classifications of crimes, how guilt or innocence is determined, and the types of punishment or rehabilitation that may be imposed.

Criminal charges

Criminal charges are formal accusations in court that someone has committed a crime. Criminal charges have many classifications and degrees of severity.

Daniel P. Hilf

Driving While License Suspended

Driving While License Suspended or Revoked in Michigan is a misdemeanor offense (according to MCL 257.904(3)(a)) that carries a maximum potential jail sentence of up to 93 days, and/or a... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

29,483 answers this week

3,381 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

29,483 answers this week

3,381 attorneys answering