My friend is out of status right now, Can he still apply for the diversity visa?

Asked 12 months ago - Atlanta, GA

No more details

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Ekaette Patty-Anne Eddings

    Contributor Level 20
    Best Answer
    chosen by asker

    Answered . He can apply. It's far more complicated when it comes to processing. He cannot process in the USA. He would need to travel to his country and depending on his status and how long he has been out if status on the USA he may not make it back. Consult an Immigration Lawyer when it comes to processing .
    Good luck

  2. Alena Shautsova


    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . He can apply.

    Att. number 917-885-2261 This advice does not create an attorney client relationship. No specific legal advice may... more
  3. Lynn Marie O'Brien

    Contributor Level 13


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . Whether he is in a valid status in the US does not matter. He can apply if he meets the other requirements related to education for example and is from one of the countries eligible to participate in the DV lottery. For example, China and india are not eligible to participate in the DV Lottery.

    This response is provided for informational purposes. No attorney-client relationship exists unless we have a... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

27,314 answers this week

3,058 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

27,314 answers this week

3,058 attorneys answering