My friend is locked up for 220.16 fb(crime poss control subst 3rd B-felony) his bill is of 125,00 how long can he do for this?

Flushing, NY |

My friend is locked up for 220.16 fb( crime poss control subst 3rd b-felony) his bil is 125,000) how long can he get for this and can he still do will the boot camp to get out in 4 months's?

1. It depends on if he has any prior felony conivctions within the past 10 years and what they are for. The range is from no jail (with no prior felony) up to 15 years with a prior violent felony.

I am a former federal and State prosecutor and now handle criminal defense and personal injury/civil rights cases. Feel free to check out my web site and contact me at (212) 577-9797 or via email at Eric@RothsteinLawNY.com. I was named to the Super Lawyers list as one of the top attorneys in New York for 2012. No more than 5 percent of the lawyers in the state are selected by Super Lawyers. The above answer is for informational purposes only and not meant as legal advice.

2. something here does not make sense. In a CPCS 3, bail should not be that high. Are you sure there is not a Class A felony on this?

I have been chosen by Superlawyers as one of the top criminal defense lawyers in NYC. I was a First Deputy Bureau Chief in the Brooklyn DA's Office and have over 30 years of criminal law experience. Phone: 212-766-3366; www.goldbergandallen.com

3. I agree bail seems high and should be reviewed by an experienced attorney. He can get several years in jail or prison. It is possible to get a reduced sentence with the right lawyer negotiating a good plea deal. Hire a lawyer today to protect your legal rights.

www.estrellalawyer.com

The answers posted herein are not legal advice and no attorney-client relationship exists. Call for a free 20 minute consultation! THE ESTRELLA LAW FIRM, P.C. “LEGAL REPRESENTATION AND CONSULTING SERVICES THAT GO THE EXTRA MILE” -- Jeffrey J. Estrella, Esq. Licensed Attorney and Counsellor At Law/Abogado y Licensiado Licensed in New York, New Jersey, and Connecticut The Estrella Law Firm, P.C. 75-20 Astoria Boulevard, Suite 170 Inside The Bulova Corporate Center Jackson Heights, NY 11370 T. (347) 628-2391 F. (718) 672-4728 E. Estrella.Jeffrey@gmail.com www.EstrellaLawyer.com