My friend is going to serve Proof of service and Return of Service.

Asked almost 2 years ago - Seattle, WA

I am having my friend who is not a party to my visitation domestic case in superior court serve the respondent's attorney, Do I need to leave a copy of the Proof of Service with them? Do they have to sign the Proof of Service. I know that after they've been served I have to file the Proof of Service and Return of service. Is there anything else I need to know

1. Daniel E Stowe

1

Best Answer

Answered . Ms. Border's post is correct. As further clarification, your friend doesn't need to leave a copy of the Proof of Service with "them" (respondent's attorney), and "they" (your friend) will have to sign the Proof of Service.

2. Teresa Lynn Border

3

Answered . The law in Washington State is that anyone over the age of 18 who is not a party to an action may serve the opposing side with documents. A Certificate of Service/Return of Service must be signed and dated and indicate where it was served by the person who is the server. This must be filed with the court.