My friend is going to serve Proof of service and Return of Service.

Seattle, WA |
Filed under: Litigation Family law

I am having my friend who is not a party to my visitation domestic case in superior court serve the respondent's attorney, Do I need to leave a copy of the Proof of Service with them? Do they have to sign the Proof of Service. I know that after they've been served I have to file the Proof of Service and Return of service. Is there anything else I need to know

Ms. Border's post is correct. As further clarification, your friend doesn't need to leave a copy of the Proof of Service with "them" (respondent's attorney), and "they" (your friend) will have to sign the Proof of Service.

2. The law in Washington State is that anyone over the age of 18 who is not a party to an action may serve the opposing side with documents. A Certificate of Service/Return of Service must be signed and dated and indicate where it was served by the person who is the server. This must be filed with the court.

Litigation topics