My friend is getting a divorce after years of marriage but not living together for many years.

Asked almost 2 years ago - Forest Park, GA

She does not know if she should hire a lawyer or does not know what income or property he has. She was not on social security while they had the busy together as she wanted to but he said no. What should she do?

1. Howard M Lewis

Pro

4

8

Answered . Counsel is correct. If your friend is divorcing from a long term marriage, and given there seem to be issues regarding the marital estate, I urge you to have your friend contact a local attorney familiar with divorce law to explain her options to her. Best of Luck.

2. Glen Edward Ashman

Pro

1

Answered . One thing is real certain - your friend would be wise to see a lawyer. Pro se divorces often go badly and she could be over her head before she knows it. I'd be glad to talk to her. Have her call my office at 404-768-3509.

3. Paula Jeanette Mcgill

1

Answered . The other two attorneys are correct. If your friend is getting a divorce, she should hire an attorney. In the meatime, she should not take advice from her husband regarding his financial status.

I am available to discuss the matter with your friend next week if she has time.
    My number is (770)367-1234 and email is demandingjustice@gmail.com.