Skip to main content

My friend is facing charges for refusal of a breathalyzer .They pulled him over for having something hanging in the rear view .

Hartford, CT |

The police said it smelled like alcohol in the car .They asked him if he had any health issues.He said yes one month before he had spinal fusion in his lower back which he is still recovering from.He said he won't be able to walk consistently and since he wouldn't tried they manhandled him to the station after he mentioned he needed his walker or cane.They forced him into the precinct and he was so upset he asked for a lawyer.He was in so much pain.He never refused they said he did.He is facing probation and an additional suspension .Which DMV separately suspended him as well.He isnt sure if he should go to trial

Attorney Answers 1


The one thing he absolutely should do is to consult with an experienced dwi attorney to go over the evidence, or lack of, and his options. Whether or not to go to trial is a decision to be made with the assistance of counsel. If he is thinking of representing himself, that's a bad, bad idea.

Mark as helpful

1 found this helpful

1 lawyer agrees




he is disabled had spinal surgery a month before the injury.Disability assistance is his only means of income at this moment..Would he still have to settle for his public defender?



i mean a month before the dui

John Paul Thygerson

John Paul Thygerson


It's either apply for public defender services or hire private counsel. Sounds like he is eligible for a public defender.

Police misconduct topics

Recommended articles about Police misconduct

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics