MY FRIEND IS CHARGED WITH POSS CONT SUBST U/1G-PG1. THE DRUG WAS FOUND IN THE CAR SHE WAS RIDING IN. THE DRUG WAS NOT HERS.

Asked over 2 years ago - Arlington, TX

MY FRIEND HAS A LONG PAST CRIMINAL HISTORY. SHE HAS BEEN CLEANING HER LIFE UP AND HAS PLANS TO MARRY SOON. THIS CHARGE COULD LOCK HER UP FOR AWHILE. THE DRIVER OF THE VEHICLE ADMITTED SHE OWNED IT. MY FRIEND DID NOT KNOW THAT THE DRUG WAS IN THE CAR YET GOT CHARGED WITH IT. SOMEONE PLEASE HELP.

1. Brock Morgan Benjamin

2

Answered . She needs to retain a local attorney as soon as possible. An attorney can evaluate the case and determine what is the. Ext best course of action. I tell everyone the sooner the better.

2. Brian Matthew Bouffard

Answered . Your friend needs an attorney. Typically in Tarrant County, the DA is reasonably willing to listen to a fact scenario like you're describing, particularly if the driver of the car is truly willing to admit the contraband belonged to her. But your friend needs someone to go speak with the prosecutors on her behalf. At the end of the day, the State has to prove, beyond a reasonable doubt, that your friend possessed the substance. My job as an attorney is to do everything legally possible to keep the State from doing that.

3. Jason Paul Kopec

Answered . Your friend should hire a criminal defense attorney immediately, preferably one who specializes in drug cases.