My friend is awaiting extradition but the court website says under disposition codes that its been dismissed what does this mean

Sacramento, CA |

my friend was picked up on DUI in california and has an outstanding warrant (feloby) in Georgia. the court website says not eligible for bail, extradition hold. another website for the same case says under Disposition Codes:Dismissed. does that mean Georgia is not coming to get her?

It sounds like you're referring to the California website which seems to be indicating that the CA DUI has been dismissed.

the DUI was listed as a different case, and was listed as a misdemenor. the one listed as a felony was for the crime in georgia.

It could mean two things, either the county your friend is in has decided not to prosecute for the DUI, this is entirely possible because they know that she has a felony case in another state.

Or it could mean that the state of Georgia is not going to pick her up. I would say that this is more likely because most states have policies that they will not pay to transport a person from a state that is not connected to their state unless the crime is very serious like murder or a similar charge.

I always caution people that the public web sites that have inmate information are frequently wrong and generally are unreliable.

im hoping you are right about Georgia. on the website in question, there are two cases. one is the misdemenor DUI and the other one is for the goergia felony. the one with the felony is the one that says dismissed in the Disposition Code box.

Daniel Kieth Martin

Daniel Kieth Martin

I hope that I am right as well and I hope everything works out for your friend.

they came and picked her up sometime on 10/11/11. now what do i do? i have no idea how to get a hold of her or when she'll be able to get ahold of me.

Daniel Kieth Martin

Daniel Kieth Martin

Go onto the jail's web site and review their visitation policy. Usually they assign visitation based on housing type or location. Visit her but do not discuss the case, most conversations are recorded and you do not want something she says to you to be used against her. I wish I was closer, I would help you contact her by visiting her in the jail. You may also want to find out what correctional phone service the jail uses so you can prepay on your phone so that she can call you. I hope everything works out.