My friend in custody of ice, she have a bracelet on her feet were ever she goes.Plus she have the Tps in this country . Help

Asked over 2 years ago - Bronx, NY

When i first came i was in jail for illegal , didnt have no paper,I get out and get a TPS to travel , working in this country and it's not expire. Can I still be deported ?

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Deborah Lynne Karapetian

    Contributor Level 18


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . You could be, but most likely not if you were granted TPS.

  2. F. J. Capriotti III

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . She is lucky that they gave her the ankle bracelet ... it allows her to be out of jail.

    Talk to an attorney.

    FORMER IMMIGRATION LAW PROFESSOR -- LEGAL DISCLAIMER: This answer is offered for informational purposes only. It... more
  3. Elaine Yi Ming Cheung


    Contributor Level 8


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . People who have TPS (temporary protected status) or even their green card (legal permanent residence) are still at risk of deportation. For example, someone may lose their TPS if they have been convicted of certain crimes. After one of my clients was convicted of his 2nd driving while intoxicated offense, he lost his TPS, was placed in removal proceedings and then hired me. We are applying for Cancellation of Removal now. The GPS monitoring device will eventually be removed with time and after showing that you are compliant (with appointments, etc). Good luck.

Related Topics

Deportation process

The deportation process can be long and frustrating, but there are some important things to remember as you navigate the immigration courts.

Cancellation of removal in deportation

You may request relief from deportation through a Cancellation of Removal, which will allow you to stay in the US.

Kevin R Leeper

Defenses to Deportation

If you have been caught by Immigration, all is not lost. There are several defenses to deportaion (removal) that you and your lawyer can deploy should you find yourself in that situation.... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

18,750 answers this week

2,444 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

18,750 answers this week

2,444 attorneys answering