My friend in custody of ice, she have a bracelet on her feet were ever she goes.Plus she have the Tps in this country . Help

Asked over 2 years ago - Bronx, NY

When i first came i was in jail for illegal , didnt have no paper,I get out and get a TPS to travel , working in this country and it's not expire. Can I still be deported ?

1. Deborah Lynne Karapetian

3

Answered . You could be, but most likely not if you were granted TPS.

2. F. J. Capriotti III

3

Answered . She is lucky that they gave her the ankle bracelet ... it allows her to be out of jail.

Talk to an attorney.

3. Elaine Yi Ming Cheung

Pro

2

Answered . People who have TPS (temporary protected status) or even their green card (legal permanent residence) are still at risk of deportation. For example, someone may lose their TPS if they have been convicted of certain crimes. After one of my clients was convicted of his 2nd driving while intoxicated offense, he lost his TPS, was placed in removal proceedings and then hired me. We are applying for Cancellation of Removal now. The GPS monitoring device will eventually be removed with time and after showing that you are compliant (with appointments, etc). Good luck.