My friend has been in jail for 6 months and has not been inditted . Can he file a constitutional rights suit?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Burnet, TX

The charge is credit card abuse

1. Richard Timothy Jones

1

Answered . No. He is entitled to a personal bond if he has been in custody more than 90 days without being indicted.
    www.austincriminaldefenseattorney.com
    512-495-1813
    Austin Credit Card Abuse Lawyer

2. Macy Michelle Jaggers

Pro

1

Answered . I suspect something else is holding him. If he's not indicted within ninety days of arrest, he should be given a pr bond. He needs to talk to his attorney about this

3. Carolyn Barnes

Answered . He needs to hire a lawyer to file a motion to dismiss for speedy trial violations or alternatively, motion for examining trial to see what eveidence they have against him. He also needs for file for a reduction in the bond amount or for release on a PR bond. If he cannot afford a lawyer, he must request the appointment of a lawyer. Burnet County is not a county you want to play around in.