My friend has been accused of robbery 1 and unlawful use of a weapon charges....what type of a sentence could he face?

Salem, OR |

He merely knocked on the door of a house where people owed him money...instead of returning the money, they called the police and accused him of a crime...he had a mask in his pocket and a concealed weapon for which he has a permit, but had temporarily lost it.. It has since been found....

He is looking at prison. He needs a criminal defense attorney.

In no way am I offering you legal advice, and in no way has my comment created an attorney-client relationship. You are not to rely upon my note above in any way, but insted need to sit down with counsel and share all relevant facts before receiving fully-informed legal advice. If you want to be completely sure of your rights, you must sit down with an experienced criminal defense attorney to be fully aware of your rights.

He could go to prison. There is no confidentiality online. Volunteering to answer this question does not create an attorney-client relationship. The accused is presumed innocent until proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. The likelihood of a positive outcome- exoneration or a mitigated sentence- is increased with the help of an experienced criminal litigator. Seek out an experienced criminal litigator for a free consultation. If you cannot find one on Avvo, search at the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers ( Speak to several attorneys and hire the one that makes you feel confident and comfortable. NACDL local members:

Educational purposes answer. | | | | | Non-privileged answer.

Robbery I is a class A felony with a maximum sentence of 20 years prison and $375,000 fine.
Unlawful Use of a Weapon is a class C felony with a maximum sentence of 5 years prison and a $125,000 fine. If your friend has any prior criminal history, he could be looking at prison time (especially if he has any prior property offenses or violent crimes). If he has no prior criminal history, he may be looking at optional probation with no prison time.