My friend got into an accident after hang out with me... am i at fault too?

Huntington Beach, CA |

me and my friend hang out and he drop his car off my house and i drove him but when i drop him off at my house he used his car to go home and get into an accident... i know its sound stupid but am i at fault in anyway? when we hung out we didnt drink or anything

no, you have absolutely nothing to worry about and cannot be held to any fault under the facts you presented so don't worry.

Legal disclaimer: Please be advised that the advice provided does not create any attorney/client relationship; that due to the various state laws that the information provided is a general overview of the law, which might not be applicable to you, based upon the laws of your state. We will not file anything on your behalf nor protect any statute of limitations which might arise and recommend that you IMMEDIATELY consult legal counsel for adviceThis response does not constitute or make an attorney-client relationship as it is made for general purposes; answering attorney does not possess enough information to inform recipient of the applicable statute of limitations. You may also contact Mr. Hiden at (619) 296-5884 or by email at "dhiden@hrollp.com"

You are only responsible for your own negligence, not your friend’s.

LICENSED AND ACCEPTING CASES IN CALIFORNIA & UTAH - 911LAW.ORG - Former Judge Pro Tem in California Superior Court. CALIFORNIA PERSONAL INJURY CAR ACCIDENT ATTORNEY LAWYER. ST GEORGE UTAH PERSONAL INJURY CAR ACCIDENT ATTORNEY LAWYER. Attorney responses are provided for informational and educational purposes only and do not create an attorney client relationship. Such responses represent the attorney’s initial analysis based only upon the facts set forth in the question. Since the question may not include all of the facts or omit material facts or timelines which could affect the attorney’s conclusions, attorney responses should not be construed as legal advice for any particular set of facts but only as a preliminary opinion.

No. If you were not driving, and not in the car, and don't own the car, you are likely not at fault for anything.

This answer does not create an attorney-client relationship between Jassim & Associates or any of its attorneys. We are not your attorney unless we both sign a written contract that describes our relationship and terms, the scope of our representation, and terms of payment for representation. Any information provided to you here should not be construed as legal advice, and an in detail review of the facts of your matter would likely affect any information provided. There could be deadlines to act in any case, after which your legal rights could be lost forever. You should contact an attorney licensed in your state immediately to be sure your rights are protected.

Not likely. But you do live in California, and the craziest stuff comes out of that state.

licensed attorney in Montana. Your specific state laws may be different.

Paul J Molinaro

Paul J Molinaro

In Kalispell, they supposedly like to see their pool tables... 19-30 Screens in Pool Rooms. It shall be unlawful for any person or the agent of employee of any person owning or conducting any place of business wherein is kept any pool table, billiard table or bagatelle table to place in front of the room or across the inside of the room, wherein is kept any such pool table, billiard table or bagatelle table for hire or gain, any screen, blind, curtain, shutter, painted, colored or ground glass or any article of furniture or any obstruction that would prohibit the view of such pool table, billiard table or bagatelle table from the street in front of such room or place of business wherein is kept any of the tables above described. (R.O. 1947 � 916) So, California ain't the only place, Mr. Judnich, Esq. - Paul Paul J. Molinaro, M.D., J.D. Attorney at Law, Physician, Broker Fransen & Molinaro, LLP 980 Montecito Drive, Suite 206 Corona, CA 92879 (951)520-9684 www.fransenandmolinaro.com / www.888MDJDLAW.com "When you need a lawyer, call the Doctor... Call Paul J. Molinaro, M.D., J.D... Call (888)MDJDLAW." * This post and all others I make on Internet are for informational purposes only. None of the information or materials I post are legal advice. Nothing I post as comments, answers, or other communications should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation. This information is not intended to create, and receipt or viewing of this information does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship. While I try to be accurate, I do not guarantee accuracy. ** Fransen & Molinaro, LLP practices in the areas of personal injury, medical malpractice, and real estate law and does so anywhere in the State of California.

Wendy Ha Chau

Wendy Ha Chau

How funny :)

Martin W. Judnich

Martin W. Judnich

touche

You have nothing to worry about, you are not at fault. Tell your friend to be careful in the future, especially when driving on the road late at night or in unfamiliar areas.

The information provided here is for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter. Bergener & Associates, PLC is a personal injury practice serving accident victims and their families in the State of California only. No individuals should act or refrain from acting on the basis of any answers to questions without seeking the appropriate legal or other professional advice from an attorney licensed in their state. Transmission of information via this website does not create an attorney-client relationship between any attorney at Bergener & Associates and any recipient, nor is it intended to do so. The content provided does not create any warranty, express or implied. Hiring a lawyer to represent you is an important decision and should not be based solely on advertising. For more personal injury information visit us at http://www.bergenerlaw.com

No

not likely based on the facts here.

Only people who are negligent (who have breached a duty owed to the injured party) are responsible for the damages caused. If you did not breach a duty to this person, you are not responsible.

Legal Disclaimer:

If this information has been helpful, please indicate below.

Mr. Lundeen is licensed to practice law in Florida and Vermont. The response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter within the question. Oftentimes the question does not include significant and important facts and timelines that, if known, could significantly change the reply and make it unsuitable. Mr. Lundeen strongly advises the questioner to confer with an attorney in your state in order to ensure proper advice is received.

This ans. does not create an attorney/client relationship.

what if that person get in an accident while texting me... but i didnt know that he was driving

Not unless you did something to cause the accident, i.e. negligently adjust his brakes or coat his windshield with pig grease so he couldn't see. Did you upset him before he left? Even if you did, you are not at fault!

I hope he is okay, but based on the limited information provided, you have not done anything that would cause you to legally responsible for his accident.

Eric Burton Strongin

Eric Burton Strongin

correction: "to BE legally responsible"

No.

Legal disclaimer: Please note that this answer is not intended as legal advice rather it is meant for informational and educational purposes. No attorney-client relationship is created or is intended to be created by this answer. The answer relates to only Florida law. The facts of each legal matter or issue are different and you are urged to contact a licensed attorney to discuss the specific facts of your case and legal issues. less

Many attorneys are saying no and you have nothing to worry about. From a legal standpoint, I tend to agree. From a realistic standpoint, there is at least 10 attorneys within 50 miles of you that will take the case and apply pressure. If that happens, send these suit to your insurance company immediately.

DISCLAIMER: The information gathered from this website, Tryk Law or Benjamin P. Tryk is not legal advice. If you are in search of legal advice, you should consult with an attorney about your specific situation. Communicating with Tryk Law, Accident Injury Attorneys through the use of this website does not establish an attorney/client relationship. You should not disclose any information that you consider confidential until an attorney/client relationship has been created.

What do u mean take the case and apply pressure

Like take my friend accident and blame it on me?