My friend got his 3rd DUI how much time would he be looking at?

Westminster, CA |

His DUI's are 2 years apart starting from 2008, he has done jail time for each DUI, and he is on informal probation for the last DUI in 2010, he has 2 burglary charges starting back from 1989, serving 2 years in state prison, the second one being convicted in 1992 serving 6 years, with another charge to petty theft and a drug charge occurring in 1992 before his prison sentence. This 3rd DUI Charge also has 2 counts of great bodily injury, the other 2 people in the car were injured and at the time presumed had broken bones, which turned out just to be minor sprains. But they both had BAC's of .03 but they were only 18 years old, the driver had a BAC of .16, which I believe the legal limit is only .08. The DA offered him 15 to life and count this as his 3rd Strike. How much time will he get

1. Answered less than a minute ago. What's his best bet? Get the best attorney he can find. You need a good criminal defense attorney. I'd strongly suggest you find someone who focuses on criminal law and who routinely practices in the court where this case will be heard.

It sounds as though he has prior strike(s) from the burglary convictions, but a new felony would be 25 to life, not 15 to life. The current DUI with injury is also a strike because I the great bodily injury enhancement.

The two prior DUI convictions only complicate things. I hope neither of the two injured parties does or r is looking at murder charges under Prople v. Watson.

Please pardon any typos - posted via mobile device.

The above answer is for general information only and is based on the information you posted. Every case is fact dependent, so to get a thorough analysis of your situation, you will need to consult face to face with an attorney licensed to practice in the jurisdiction where the incident took place. Do not conclusively rely on any information posted online when deciding what to do about your case.

2. This is a serious case and he needs a good attorney. There is a lot going on here and this will nit be solved in one court appearance.

Mr. Driessen is a former Deputy DA in Orange County with over 8 years of criminal law experience. Nothing stated on this site shall in anyway be construed as legal advice, or as creating any attorney client relationship. If you would like to hire Mr. Driessen, feel free to contact him at www.theocduiguy.com.

3. That offer is horrible and this person should not consider this offer without sound legal advice. If he accepts the 15 to life, how much time will he get? 15 to life. He could die in prison as an old man.

This person better get an attorney.

The above information does not establish an attorney client relationship nor is it meant to provide legal advice.