My friend got 2 DUI's in one week what is she facing in PA

Springboro, PA |

My friend got 2 DUI's in 1 week will she do jail time?

1. If you friend has no prior DUI convictions, each of these offenses will be considered a "first offense." The penalties for DUI are based upon two factors (1) BAC and (2) Prior DUI Convictions.

For a DUI with a BAC of .08-.099, there is no mandatory period of incarceration
    For a BAC of .10 to .159, there is a mandatory minimum period of incarceration of 48 hours.
    For a BAC of .16 and above, there is a mandatory minimum period of incarceration of 72 hours.

In addition, she will face a suspension of her license privileges if convicted.

Being charged with DUI is not the same as being convicted. There may be defenses. She should contact an experienced DUI defense attorney to assist her with her defense.

2. I have seen people in similar situations ( two DUIs very close together) be granted ARD with an enhanced suspension, intensive counseling and longer probation due to the two offenses. Your friend should speak with counsel as soon as possible.