My friend bought a suv at a dealership in southern California, He did not receive a warranty, Now the suv is having problems

my friend bought the car used from a dealership without a warranty, the dealership said at the time of purchase the the suv had just been given a tune up. after having the spark plugs checked my friend found out that the plugs had not been changed, my friend is currently making arrangements with the same dealership to have one the the power windows on the suv fixed do to the window getting stuck, all of this has happened within two weeks of purchase ,down payment on suv has already been made. Question: can my friend take the car back and get his money back without a warranty do to the problems he is having with the suv?

Ontario, CA -

Scott Richard Kaufman

Scott Richard Kaufman

Lemon Law Attorney - Los Altos, CA

These problems do not sound significant to me. That, coupled with no warranty means no lemon law case. BUT it is not unusual for dealers to do a bad job filling out the paperwork. If this is the case, your friend may have a remedy and get the same result anyhow. Also, if it is a buy here pay here place then starting January 1 of this year they HAVE to give a warranty. If this is the case, we should be able to help. Have your friend get in touch for a no fee document review. My office handles these kinds of matters statewide.

http://www.CaLemons.com

C Steven Moskos

C Steven Moskos

Lemon Law Attorney - Charleston, SC

I would suggest calling a lawyer in your area. Scott Kaufman handles cases like these all the time so he can probably help you.

Related Advice