My friend accidentally sent out a threat tweet what should he do?

Asked over 1 year ago - Costa Mesa, CA

my friend accidentally sent out a tweet threat but not a death threat and he afraid that he would be arrest it... he already apologize about his tweet but the thing is worry is that he been downloading movie (not a lot) and he worry if police saw his ip address about the threat tweet, can they charge him for downloading movie too?

it been 6 months ago

1. Joseph Briscoe Dane

Pro

4

Answered . I can only assume this is connected to the boxer tweet situation you posted about. Could they be investigating? Yes. Is it likely? No. Could they find your illegal movies? Only if they search - with a warrant since you're not going to consent or give a statement without an attorney, right?

Try to let this go.

2. Barry Franklin Poulson

3

Answered . Not quite the way Tweet works, but if is the boxer incident someone posted about, quit tweeting, stop stealing movies, and quit making admissions here on AVVO. you can see an attorney, or you can wait and see if you are charged. There is no way to "accidentally" tweet. SO, stay off the tweet.

One or more answers have been taken down.