My friend accidentally sent out a threat tweet what should he do?

Costa Mesa, CA |

my friend accidentally sent out a tweet threat but not a death threat and he afraid that he would be arrest it... he already apologize about his tweet but the thing is worry is that he been downloading movie (not a lot) and he worry if police saw his ip address about the threat tweet, can they charge him for downloading movie too?

it been 6 months ago

1. Not quite the way Tweet works, but if is the boxer incident someone posted about, quit tweeting, stop stealing movies, and quit making admissions here on AVVO. you can see an attorney, or you can wait and see if you are charged. There is no way to "accidentally" tweet. SO, stay off the tweet.

We do not have a client/attorney relationship until you make an appointment, we discuss your case face to face, I accept a retainer, and we explictly agree to enter into representation.

2. I can only assume this is connected to the boxer tweet situation you posted about. Could they be investigating? Yes. Is it likely? No. Could they find your illegal movies? Only if they search - with a warrant since you're not going to consent or give a statement without an attorney, right?

Try to let this go.

The above answer is for general information only and is based on the information you posted. Every case is fact dependent, so to get a thorough analysis of your situation, you will need to consult face to face with an attorney licensed to practice in the jurisdiction where the incident took place. Do not conclusively rely on any information posted online when deciding what to do about your case.

Internet law topics