My former employer is accusing me of taking bonuses without permission. Do I need a lawyer?

Asked 12 months ago - El Paso, TX

I had total control over all aspects of the business. My boss gave me verbal approval to take my bonuses when they were earned. I did just that. Now they are accusing me of taking money. My boss did everything verbal since he was not involved with the everyday business. When he hired me he gave me total control of the entire business and to make all decisions on my own. Do I need representation ?

1. Adam Kielich

2

Answered . Would not be a bad idea.

2. Rengin Jamal Bekhtyar

2

Answered . Use the FIND A LAWYER tab on this site and cosnult with an employment law or business law attorney. It would be in your best interest to see what you need do to protect yourself in this situation, given that the employer has accused you of theft.

Rengin Bekhtyar's answer to a legal question on Avvo does not establish an attorney-client relationship.
  3. William Fulton Broemer

1

Answered . You should consult an experienced labor and employment attorney and allow him/her to advise you.