My former employer is accusing me of taking bonuses without permission. Do I need a lawyer?

El Paso, TX |

I had total control over all aspects of the business. My boss gave me verbal approval to take my bonuses when they were earned. I did just that. Now they are accusing me of taking money. My boss did everything verbal since he was not involved with the everyday business. When he hired me he gave me total control of the entire business and to make all decisions on my own. Do I need representation ?

Would not be a bad idea.

You should consult an experienced labor and employment attorney and allow him/her to advise you.

Your question has been answered as a courtesy. This is not paid legal advice. Nothing in this communication is intended to create an attorney-client relationship. Unless expressly stated otherwise, nothing contained in this message should be construed as a digital or electronic signature, nor is it intended to reflect an intention to make an agreement by electronic means.

Use the FIND A LAWYER tab on this site and cosnult with an employment law or business law attorney. It would be in your best interest to see what you need do to protect yourself in this situation, given that the employer has accused you of theft.

Rengin Bekhtyar's answer to a legal question on Avvo does not establish an attorney-client relationship.