My Florida License is under suspended by Pennsylvania; can i get a work permit ? What is best case scenario.?

Asked 5 months ago - Palm Coast, FL

I have a current FL License which at the moment it is under suspension due to PA posting to the National Driver Registry...(Origiinally prior to the PA DMV action I failed to pay a Traffic fine in Florida and my FL. license was suspended..that matter is clear up) Pa has sited me 4 time for violating Section 1543A Driving While Suspended / Revoked (while my Florida License was under suspension PA DMV acted on my failure to pay = Suspension request to FL) All financial responsibility requirement on the PA citations have been satisfied..The Suspension Term for PA ends 5/12/16.

I have a follow up question..yesterday I was on the phone with FL DMV, the CSR explained to me that PA dmv has a waiver on my Class A license..he recomended that I down grade my license in Florida to a class E.
My question is this..Is this truely possible..additionally how should i deal with the fact that i am nolong a resident of florida..all matters in PA are resloved they have reported to the NDR that my priv. to drive will be suspended til 5/12/2016 all fines and cost have been resolved PA and FL alike...thank you for your time

1. Stephen George Henderson

Pro

3

Answered . I've dealt with this fact scenario before. You need to clear up your PA license issue before you can undue the suspension in Florida. Contact a PA attorney or post your question on the PA forum.

2. J. Denise Carter

4

1

Answered . You may want to call the PA drivers license bureau to see what it will require for them to release your license. It may be as simple as a compliance. Depending on what you find out you may want to speak with a PA attorney, but I would get the information first so that you know what you are asking for help with in your case. Hope that's helpful.

3. Julia E. Simmons

Pro

4

Answered . Speak to a PA DUI lawyer on how to release the hold on your license then speak to a FL attorney on if your eligible for a FL restricted license.