Skip to main content

My fiences birth certificate has the wrong year on it and is messed up. How do we go about getting married with out that?

Tulsa, OK |
Filed under: Birth certificate

The birth certificate had his birthday on it but the yeear is wrong. All his papers that we have, have his right year on it.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


Try to get the birth certificate corrected by contacting the Oklahoma State Department of Health Vital Records Service. See link below.

However, if she has a birth certificate, even if it is currently incorrect, you still may be able to use it in order to obtain the marriage license from the court clerk. An amendment can then be done later.

The answer given does not imply that an attorney-client relationship has been established and your best course of action is to have legal representation in this matter.

Family law topics

Recommended articles about Family law

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer