My fiancee petition was approved but when my fiance went to the interview he was denied based on his relationship

Asked over 1 year ago - South Bay, FL

I contacted my senator and the embassy where the interview was held requesting consular notes for the interview for my fiance interview but after four months i got a letter saying the case was closed without the embassy providing that.They didn't request we provide additional documents to show that our relationship was genuine, which i consider to be a shame on their part. my fiance is from Africa.
I contacted USCIS and was told he had been assigned an alien number which starts with A2XXXXXXXI .Its an nine digit number, but i want to know what the starting digits 2 stands for. Also, i asked the USCIS lady i spoke to on the phone why he has been issued an alien number and by who ? but she says she doesn't know who issued him one and why it was issued.
please help me with answers.

1. Shahzad Ahmed

2

Answered . Hello Ma'am, unfortunately, this happens often. Even though the USCIS approves the petition, the Embassy tries to readjudicate the petition and tries to weed out the fraudulent petitions. Sometimes, the good guys get caught. We need to explore the possibility of convincing the Embassy that this relationship is not fraudulent. If all else fails, then then we file lawsuits against the government as a last resort. Regards.

2. Jeffrey Adam Devore

Answered . Your fiance was assigned an alien registration number because that is how USCIS tracks cases. The A number (as it is commonly referred to as) serves as a file number so everything regarding a person and his case can be easily tracked. The fact that the number begins with a 2 is or no consequence.

Based upon your facts it is obvious that the American Embassy felt that his relationship with you was not bona fide and sent the petition back to USCIS for revocation. Generally speaking, USCIS will not further act on these petition since they have limited validity periods.

I suggest you consult with an experienced immigration attorney who can review the case and advise you how best to proceed.

3. J Charles Ferrari

1

Answered . A numbers are routinely assigned by USCIS to people with matters before them.

4. Obadan Unuigbojie Iziokhai

Pro

1

Answered . The new A numbers I have seen tend to begin with "2". Only DHS knows why. Your fiancee's A number was issued when an A file was opened for her because of your fiancee petition.