My fiancee is pregnant and her Navy commander is pushing her to do physical training even with doctor's note not to.

San Diego, CA |

My fiancee is pregnant and in first trimester of pregnancy. I was told the first 12 weeks is most crucial for her and our baby. She had an ultrasound in Seattle and the doctor wrote her a letter for her to give to the Navy commander stating she should not participate in physical training duties. Since then, her commander has pushed her to participate in active training. Something doesn't jive her for me. What if "something" (knock on wood) happens to our baby? Then what?! What should I do? Please, if anyone got any input please call me right away! I live in Seattle and my fiancee is down there and she feels helpless.

I suggest you go to veterens affairs where you live and perhaps they can put you in touch with the right person, and even call a news station in San Diego to look into this. Something is seriously wrong here.

Please only call me if your case is in California as I am only licensed here and laws of other states may vary. I approach trials and issues from a legal and common sense approach, This is how the majority of judges I have appeared before in 40 years also make decisions. I do not intend by my advice to enter an attorney client relationship and in most cases advise to obtain legal representation. Sometimes if you can not afford it a consultation or limited scope representation is available. As an experienced attorney I can tell you, judges can be impatient, hate emotional arguments and over exagerations or lies. A brief outline of the problems and desired solutions is always best and I often in limited scope representations advise clients on how to proceed at time of hearing or trial and my fees are considerably less when I do not appear in court as it takes much less of my time.

Robert Andrew Michael Burns

Robert Andrew Michael Burns

Call The Turko Files!

I feel for you and have no reason to question the physician's judgment. But, this is not a family law but a military-workplace one. I will change the practice area. You might want to speak directly with her commander.

Her first step should be the IG. Something here is not meeting the common sense test.

This post is for information purposes only and does not constitute legal advice, nor does it establish an attorney client relationship with Mr. Cassara.